Saturday, June 30, 2012

Great White Derm

What a fantastic dermatology conference in Canada!! This year, the Canadian Dermatology Association (CDA) chose Ottawa, the country's capital city, to host their annual meeting. I was invited to present my research on skin cancer to all of the Canadian dermatologists in attendance.

Although Canada is associated with cold winters and snowy mountains, they have he same troubles with skin cancer as we see here in the United States.

The research I presented showed skin cancer rates are increasing in Canada by about 6% a year! With Canadian dermatologists at the forefront of this skin cancer epidemic, the need for a comprehensive strategy for dealing with this disease is needed now!

I was also invited to talk to the Canadian Society of Dermatologic Surgery, a branch of the CDA, where i discussed the major advances in skin surgery seen over this year. I shared new and cuttig-edge approaches in treating everything from scars and keloids to melanoma cancer.

Thank you CDA and my international colleagues for a great time in Canada! It was also a pleasure to be in the nation's capitol for Canada Day! Now I have to make it back to the States in time to celebrate July 4th :)

Adam Mamelak, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment